The Agbalumo Or Udara Cocktail You Have To Try At Home
It’s the season of the African Star Fruit or Apple, known traditionally as Agbalumo or Udara amongst others. Call it what you like, whether Agbalumotini or Udara on the rocks, this is one recipe you absolutely need to try. You can have this drink as a full-blown cocktail or just take out the alcohol and have a mocktail to go.
What you’ll need
- 3 ripe Agbalumos
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups water or soda water
- 1 tbsp Angostura Bitters (or any other bitters of your choice)
- 2 shots Hennessy (Optional)
- Ice cubes
- Cocktail glass
- Wash and peel your agbalumo fruits, scrape out the flesh from the skin and seeds and pour into a blender. scraping the seeds and the skin for all the elements of the fruit into a bowl.
- Add the honey, sugar and water (use soda water if you want some fizziness) in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over a sieve into a bowl or jug to get the pulp out of your drink.
- Stir in the Angostura bitters.
- Add the Hennessy.
- Serve your agbalumo cocktail in a cocktail glass filled with ice.
*Tip: Hitting the fruit gently on a hard surface before squeezing helps you get more juice out.
I have a passion for writing and keen eyes for fashion. You can catch me burying my head in a great book or surfing the internet for new ideas. I am a student in the school of life, still learning, growing and becoming more. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Ada1stlady