It’s Okay not To be OKAY
Let’s talk about our mental health, we can get so caught up with life that we worry s0 much.
Adulting is tough! Sometimes I look back at my childhood days and wished that it never ended. Back then when I didn’t have to worry about life issues and all the drama. Back then all we were concerned about was when our favourite cartoons would be shown and TV and also, bedtime (lol).
Oh, the good old days!
But now we are all grown up. We have to face the realities of life and sometimes, those realities can take a detrimental toll on our mental health.
Now let us take a look at what mental health is about:
Mental health includes emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Having read different articles on mental health to better educate myself, I picked out some key areas I think may be important for young millennial women to be aware of:
- Comparison is a thief of our joy: The moment you come to the terms with the fact that everyone in the world has a unique destiny, you will stop comparing yourself to them.
- Be patient with yourself: Life is very unpredictable. Most times we want things to work out in our own way, at our own time. We have our life goals all laid out with timelines, and when things don’t go as planned, we get anxious and depressed. Let us exercise some patience Queens, remember that where there is life, there is hope.
- Always remind yourself that no one has it all together: We are sometimes fooled by the glitz and glamour we see especially on social media. People only post whatever they want us to see. Remember that.
- Appreciate where you are and what you have: An attitude of gratitude is good for our mental health. When we become grateful for what we have, we look at life in a positive light, and that can help us appreciate our lives and live in the present.
- Stay away from toxic people and environments: The effect of toxicity in our lives can be very catastrophic. Walk away from any relationship or situation that no longer serves you.
- Forgive yourself: We all have made mistakes in the past. Forgive yourself and move on.
- Speak to a professional.
You are strong. You are beautiful. You are worthy.
You are the Adamas Woman! keep on shining just like a diamond that you are…
I have a passion for writing and keen eyes for fashion. You can catch me burying my head in a great book or surfing the internet for new ideas. I am a student in the school of life, still learning, growing and becoming more. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Ada1stlady